All Eights: SpaceX Transporter 2 Takes to the Skies
Cape Canaveral space Force Station, FL, June 30, 2021– Liftoff! After a delay in the countdown, the Falcon 9 roared to life at 3:31 PM EDT from Launch Complex 40.
This was the 8th flight for this flight proven Falcon 9 booster and is lofting 88 satellites into orbit as part of a ride sharing program for multiple customers and governments. About 8 minutes after launch, SpaceX made a perfect landing back at Landing Zone 1 (LZ-1).This launch was scrubbed on June 29, 2021 with just seconds to go before liftoff when SpaceX had to call a hold in the countdown due to a “no-go” on the range. It was reported that an aircraft entered the restricted airspace around the launch area causing the one day delay.
Stunning, full color photo book covering every east coast launch spanning 2014-2015, including the first-ever powered landing of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.More Info
- International Space Station Issue Delays Launch of Boeing Starliner
- VSS Unity Ushers In New Age of Commercial Spaceflight
- All Eights: SpaceX Transporter 2 Takes to the Skies
- ULA RocketShip Delivers Starliner Atlas V Components to Cape Canaveral
- Previously Flown Falcon 9 Delivers New GPS Satellite to Orbit