Previously Flown Falcon 9 Delivers New GPS Satellite to Orbit
Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, FL. – On June 17, 2021, SpaceX launched the Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) III-SV05 Mission. The previously flown Falcon 9 booster roared to life at 12:09 PM EDT from launch complex 40.
The GPS III-5 was built by Lockheed Martin for both military and civilian uses was placed into orbit and shortly after launch, the first stage made a successful landing on the recovery ship “Just Read the Instructions”.
Stunning, full color photo book covering every east coast launch spanning 2014-2015, including the first-ever powered landing of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.More Info
- International Space Station Issue Delays Launch of Boeing Starliner
- VSS Unity Ushers In New Age of Commercial Spaceflight
- All Eights: SpaceX Transporter 2 Takes to the Skies
- ULA RocketShip Delivers Starliner Atlas V Components to Cape Canaveral
- Previously Flown Falcon 9 Delivers New GPS Satellite to Orbit