SpaceX Delivers 4th GPS-III Satellite to Orbit
Cape Canaveral A.F.S. FL. – Liftoff! On November 5, 2020, SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket lifted off at 6:24 PM EST from Launch Complex 40 with the GPS III satellite.
Shortly after launch, the first stage booster landed successfully down range on the recovery ship “OCISLY”. The GPS III series of satellites built by Lockheed Martin first launched in 2018 and the series should be completed in 2023, with at least two more contracted to fly aboard SpaceX launch vehicles.
Stunning, full color photo book covering every east coast launch spanning 2014-2015, including the first-ever powered landing of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.More Info
- Falcon 9 Rocket Reaches Seventh Flight
- National Geographic Debuts The Real Right Stuff Documentary on November 20
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Envisions Commercial Space Station for 2030
- SpaceX Crew-1 Astronauts Arrive at Space Station
- U.S. Space Force and Space and Missile Systems Center successfully launches NROL-101 mission