Senior Photo Editor
Jared Haworth is a Raleigh, North Carolina-based photographer and writer covering US spaceflight. His work has been featured in Popular Mechanics, Make: Magazine and News Photographer. His photo of the NROL-37 launch won 1st place in the 2016 Aviation Week Photo Contest, space divsion.
Selected for the SpaceX CRS-3 NASA Social in 2014, Haworth joined 37 other active social media users granted up-close access to the April 18 launch of the Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon cargo capsule. His photos caught the eye of SpaceFlight Insider's senior editor and he was invited to join that organization as a launch photographer.
In 2016, together with photographers Bill Jelen and Michael Seeley, he released his first book of launch photos, titled We Report Space. Haworth also serves as senior photo editor for We Report Space’s online content.
Outside of We Report Space, Haworth operates Alloy Code, a software consultancy in Raleigh, NC specializing in Ruby on Rails and iOS development. He's the principal developer of KeywordFoto, a tool for newsroom photo editors to manage visual content from multiple photographers.
- Discovery & Science Channel Announce Star-Studded SpaceX Crew Launch Event
- NASA Releases Animation of Upcoming SpaceX Demo-2 Mission
- Project Baker, Flight 19, and the Banana River Bounce: Patrick Air Force Base Turns 80
- Northrop Grumman launches Cygnus NG-13 mission to the ISS
- SpaceX speeds Crew Dragon on its maiden voyage to the ISS