Ride the Crawler Transporter
February 23, 2015 - the Ground Ops crew were testing the renovated Crawler Transporter 2, heading out to Pad 39B and back to the VAB. The press were invited to go for a 20-minute ride.
KSC has expected a larger turn out of media, but a breaking news event in Melbourne caused many of the regular media to miss this event. Thus, we rode for about three-quarters of a mile - almost an hour.
On the way out to KSC, I thought it would be fun to put a GoPro on the ground and capture the underside of the CT-2 as it passed overhead. There are actually two passes here: the first one under the center of the CT-2, and the second one between the two treads on one side.
Stunning, full color photo book covering every east coast launch spanning 2014-2015, including the first-ever powered landing of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.More Info
- Behnken and Hurley Splash Down Safely Near Pensacola
- Despite Hurricane Isaias NASA Planning on Crew Dragon Splashdown for Sunday August 2
- Communications Issue with Perseverance Rover As It Begins 7-Month Journey to Mars
- SpaceX Catches Both Fairing Halves After Launch of Satellite for South Korea
- James Webb Space Telescope Launch Slips to NET October 31 2021