Ride the Crawler Transporter
February 23, 2015 - the Ground Ops crew were testing the renovated Crawler Transporter 2, heading out to Pad 39B and back to the VAB. The press were invited to go for a 20-minute ride.
KSC has expected a larger turn out of media, but a breaking news event in Melbourne caused many of the regular media to miss this event. Thus, we rode for about three-quarters of a mile - almost an hour.
On the way out to KSC, I thought it would be fun to put a GoPro on the ground and capture the underside of the CT-2 as it passed overhead. There are actually two passes here: the first one under the center of the CT-2, and the second one between the two treads on one side.
Stunning, full color photo book covering every east coast launch spanning 2014-2015, including the first-ever powered landing of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.More Info
- SpaceX speeds Crew Dragon on its maiden voyage to the ISS
- First Florida Launch of 2019 Sends Private Spacecraft to the Moon
- Firefly Aerospace Launches Partnership to Build & Launch Rockets on the Space Coast
- OSIRIS-REx Set For Bennu Orbital Insertion Today
- After Mouse Food Delay, Falcon 9 Launches CRS-16 Towards ISS